Terms and Conditions
Online Shopping Terms and Conditions
These terms apply to the ordering, purchase and delivery of Goods from Zoos Victoria Online Store, and form a contract between you and Zoological Parks and Gardens Board trading as Zoos Victoria ABN 96-913-959-053 of Elliott Avenue, Parkville, Melbourne Victoria 3052 (Zoos Victoria). By using the Site in any manner, you agree and accept the Terms.
These Terms contain important information about the ordering, processing, and delivery of Goods, including limitation of liability. Zoos Victoria reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove, or vary the services or Terms and/or any page of this Site. Each time you use the Site, you should review and be aware of the current Terms.
- Compliance with Terms
You will be bound by these Terms each time you submit an Order.
Placing Orders for Goods
- By placing an Order on the Site, you are making an offer to enter into an agreement to purchase the product(s) in that order. Orders will be deemed received by Us at the time We send an order confirmation to your nominated e-mail address. It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct email address and contact details are entered with your Order.
- You will receive a tax Invoice from Zoos Victoria for products sold and fulfilled by Zoos Victoria.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss you or any third party suffers as a result of, or in connection with, a delay or failure to process your Order or deliver Goods due to inaccurate or incomplete details provided in an Order.
- You may place an Order on the Site if you are aged 16 years or over and have an active email account or a telephone number at which you can be contacted.
- If you place consecutive or separate Orders, we cannot consolidate your Orders. A separate Delivery Fee, if applicable, will apply to each Order.
- We reserve the right to accept or reject your Order for any reason at any time. If we reject your Order you will receive a refund of any money paid.
- Your Order becomes a sale when your Order is dispatched, and we have issued you a Tax Invoice.
Availability of Goods
- From time to time, some Goods may be out of stock or are unavailable and we may not be able to fulfil all or part of your Order. If this happens, we will refund you the price paid for the Goods impacted.
- We may withdraw or suspend from sale any Good displayed on the Website, either temporarily or permanently, at any time and without notice. Zoos Victoria will not be liable to you for any loss you or any third party suffer as a result of a withdrawal or suspension of sale of a particular Good.
- Where a Good which is the subject of an Order has been withdrawn or suspended from sale and your payment for the Good has already been processed, we will refund any money paid to us in accordance with clause 6.
- Zoos Victoria reserves the right not to honour any incorrect offers represented on the Website made by genuine human or system error. Where your Order is affected by an error on the Website (for example, in a description, an image, Price or otherwise), We will reject that part of the Order affected by the error. You will be refunded the value of that part of your Order affected by the error, in accordance with clause 6, and Zoos Victoria will fulfil the remainder of your Order. If you are not satisfied with the partial fulfilment of your Order, you can return your Order to us under the Returns Policy.
- If your Order is affected by a genuine error (including in a description, an image or a Price), we reserve the right to cancel your Order and refund any money paid to us.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- all pictures and images of Goods displayed are for illustrative purposes only; and
- any accessory featured with the Goods is for illustrative purposes only, and may be sold separately.
Price and payment
- When you place an Order, we will charge you and you agree to pay the Price and any applicable Delivery Fee.
- All Prices are in Australian Dollars and, if GST applies, inclusive of GST. Any fees and charges (including Delivery Fees) imposed by these Terms also include GST where applicable.
- We reserve the right to change or alter Prices without notice to you. If you have already submitted an Order at a particular Price, we will supply your Goods at that Price (unless your Order is affected by a pricing error, in which case clause 3.4 will apply).
- Payment methods are specified on the Website, currently we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and PayPal Payment methods may be subject to change.
- Any payment for an Order must be cleared by Zoos Victoria before Goods are dispatched. If your payment cannot be processed, your Order will be rejected and you will be notified of this. If a credit card payment cannot be processed you should contact your card issuer to try to resolve the problem, or use an alternative payment method in order to continue with your Order.
- In paying or attempting to pay for Goods, you agree that you have not engaged in any fraudulent conduct or contravened any Law.
- All orders are processes and shipped through a delivery agent e.g., Australia Post
- Delivery Fees are applicable, and the charges are displayed on our website.
- Delivery Fees are subject to change with notice.
- The delivery agent may offer other delivery options and conditions. For example, Australia Post offers Parcel Locker Collection. Buyer must make their own arrangements.
- A signature on delivery may be required. If you refuse to sign the delivery document, this will be taken as refusal to accept delivery.
Order cancellations and returns
- Unless provided for under these Terms or as otherwise agreed by Zoos Victoria, no cancellations or changes to Orders will be accepted, and the Goods will be delivered to the Delivery Address in an Order. You should carefully check that your Order is accurate before you submit it. You will, however, be able to return Goods under the Returns Policy.
- If we cannot contact you about your Order using the contact details you provided in the Order, after having made reasonable attempts to contact you, we will cancel your Order and refund any money paid.
- Unless otherwise explicitly stated by Us, Delivery Fees will not be refunded if you return Goods for change of mind or if you made an incorrect selection, including if you ordered the incorrect size, colour etc.
- No refund is allowed any items on sale unless it is faulty.
Any Goods you purchase can only be returned in accordance with these Terms and the Returns Policy. The Returns Policy forms a part of these Terms.
- Return the item in its original condition and original packaging within 30 days of the original purchase date.
- Supply a copy of your original receipt with the returned items.
- Sender must return the items by registered post via a delivery agent.
- Zoos Victoria will process any refunds within a reasonable time of agreeing to do so.
- Refunds will be processed on the same card or method as the original payment was made.
- Return must be mailed to Zoos Victoria, Retail Online Store, Elliott Avenue, Parkville Victoria 3052, Australia.
- Returns are not accepted on at our physical stores.
- Proof of purchase must be provided for returned goods.
Promotions and discounts
- Zoos Victoria offers discount to Zoo Victoria Members.
- A code must be used to redeem the member discount.
- Information regarding Zoos Victoria membership is on our website.
- Promotion or discount can be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- Unless otherwise indicated by you at the time you placed your Order, Zoos Victoria may send you marketing information
- Zoos Victoria reserves the right to conduct and implement fraud detection processes, including without limitation to validating your credit card details. If your nominated payment method triggers our fraud prevention protocols, we may contact you to confirm additional details, or rescind the transaction. In this case, your Order must pass our fraud prevention protocols before it will be fulfilled. If you do not provide the requested information within the required time frame, your Order will be cancelled and payment returned, if applicable, to the method you originally paid. These information requests are sent to help protect credit card holders from online fraud.
Risk & Liability
- Risk and title in the Goods pass to you on the date and time of delivery of the Goods to you by the Delivery Agent.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure
- You represent and warrant to Us that We will not be liable for any expense or injury (including indirect loss such as loss of revenue, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, injury to your reputation) in contract, tort, under statue or otherwise, howsoever caused including arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with these Terms.
- Our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of these Terms will be reduced or limited to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage.
- We may, at our discretion, terminate the agreement for the supply of Goods to you:
- for convenience, at any time, on giving notice to yo u; or
- immediately if We reasonably believe that you have breached these Terms and:
- that the breach is not capable of remedy; or
- if you have been provided with notice of the breach, and you have failed to remedy that breach within 14 days (where the breach is able to be remedied).
- We reserve the right at all times to make changes to these Terms. Any variations to these Terms will take effect from posting on the Website. The Terms which apply at the time you place an Order are those that govern that Order.
- The laws of Victoria, Australia govern this agreement. Your transaction is deemed to have taken place in Victoria.